Thursday, November 5, 2009

Newlywed Chicken Casserole

For some they may refer to this dish as Poppy Seed Chicken. Well, not me. I like to call it Newlywed Chicken Casserole. Why, you might ask?
Well, when I was first married I didn't know how to cook a single thing. Okay, with the exception of scrambled eggs. That's it. So, I agonized at the thought of "fulfilling my newlywed roles" by having to cook anything. That's when I stumbled onto this recipe and it has become a family favorite that is a MUST have in everyone's recipe box. Still to this day, every time I make it, it reminds me of the newlywed times and how much we grew to love this dish. ENJOY!!

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts boiled and cubed
1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 sleeves from a 16 oz. box of Ritz crackers crumbled (approx. 2 cups)
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1-2 tbsp. poppyseeds


In a medium bowl, combine cooked chicken, sour cream, and soup. Place in a casserole dish. In a small bowl combine crackers, poppyseeds, and butter. Sprinkle over top of chicken mixture.
Cook in a 350* preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes.

No comments: