Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Magleby's Rolls

Ever eat at Magleby's Restaurant? They have the worlds best rolls. I've used this roll recipe (came from my mother-in-law) for years and I think it tastes pretty similar, if not exact!
Plus, the best part...... EASY!!!


24 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls, thawed out
1-2 cups grated KRAFT Parmesan cheese (the lovely stuff in the green bottle-or you can use fresh if you want to, although I take the easy way out and use the bottle!)
approximately 1 Tbsp. garlic powder, go heavily with this stuff
2 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted



-In a small bowl mix together the Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. In another small bowl mix together butter and garlic powder.
-Take your rolls and roll them out bread stick-style about 3-4 inches long.
-Dip your rolls in the butter mixture and then the cheese mixture. Place on a greased cookie sheet one inch apart. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
-Cook in a preheated 350* oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The rolls look delicious! I used to make a similar recipe that used Pillsbury Dough biscuits, either their Grands or their Originals varieties. I'd dip each unbaked biscuit in melted butter, roll it in Parmesan, and bake it in a bunt-cake pan. After reading your recipe, I think I'll try adding garlic to them. Thanks.