Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Creamy Shrimp Bisque

2 celery stalks, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
4 tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced (I used 1/2 tsp. store-bought minced garlic)
1/3 cup flour
2 cups half and half
3 1/2 cups fish stock
3 tbsp. chopped parsley
8 oz. cooked shrimp, chopped


-In a medium saucepan add celery, onions, and butter, stirring occasionally. When tender add garlic and mix together. Stir in flour and half and half. Let simmer for 5 min.
-Stir in fish stock and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes until it thickens. Add shrimp and let simmer for 10 min or until heated through. Stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
-When ready, serve with croutons
*A few things I would do differently:
I went to two different stores and neither had fish stock, so I used chicken stock.
I probably would add a 1/2 Cup more half n' half and 1/3 cup more flour, so it's more of a thicker soup. It was really easy to make and tasted great.
Thanks Paula Deen!

No comments: