Thursday, February 19, 2009

Green Bean Casserole

I promise this taste better than it looks. When I saw the ingredients to this recipe I thought they were an interesting combination. But, since I have a lot of Rice Chex cereal in food storage, I thought I'd give it a go.... and whattaya know? It actually tasted pretty good!
For those who aren't big veggie lovers, this was a tastier way to go, and EASY!





3 cups Rice Chex cereal
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup milk
2 cans cut green beans, drained
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/8 tsp. pepper

-Heat oven to 350*F. In a large Ziploc bag, place cereal, cheese and butter. Seal bag and shake gently to coat evenly; set aside.
-In ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, mix beans, soup and pepper. Top with cereal mixture.
-Bake about 20 minutes or until beans are hot and topping is light golden brown.

No comments: