Thursday, February 19, 2009

Herb crusted pork tenderloin

This is my girlfriend, Paula Deen's recipe. It was VERY flavorful and yummy. Plus....
EASY, EASY, EASY!!!!

1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin
1 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 2 tsp. store bought pre-minced garlic)
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried rosemary

-Preheat oven to 475*F
-Place the pork loin on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. With your fingers, massage the mixture onto the pork loin, covering all the meat.
-Roast the pork for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 425*F and roast for an additional hour. -Test for doneness using a meat thermometer. When the internal temp. reaches 155 degrees F, remove from oven. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes, as it will continue to cook while it rests.

Important note: I checked my roast after cooking for 20 minutes on 475 and it was almost burnt on the outside. I would suggest cooking it on 350* for one hour- one and half hours. That way it will be nice and tender.
P.S. I also served gravy over the top of my tenderloin. I just used one of those gravy packets. It made it DELICIOUS!

No comments: