Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chili Rubbed BBQ Pork

Another FAST, EASY, and really YUMMY meal that the whole family will LOVE!
(Pork is topped with Warm Mango Salsa)
What you will need:
  • 4 loin chops
  • Garlic salt (if not a salty lover, try garlic powder)
  • Black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. chili seasonings
  • 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce

Pre-heat broiler (I was intimidated by this but it worked out so well that I am a new fan of broiling food!!!)

Place pork on foil-lined baking sheet (I matted mine so they were a even 1 1/2 inches) and season with garlic salt and pepper. Rub with chili seasoning. Broil 4 min. per side (This was right on for me but keep a close eye because ovens can vary). Brush with BBQ sauce and broil 1 min. Turn, brush again, broil another min.

*** While on my diet I couldn't have BBQ sauce so I topped my pork with the Mango Salsa. It was so good I was savoring every bite. This is something I will make for my WHOLE family. It's full of flavor and broiling it makes the meat cook quick but it's so tender. The flavor is melt in your mouth awesome.

(You can also serve the salsa as a side... it's a nice compliment to the flavor of the pork)


No comments: