Sunday, October 18, 2009

Creamy BBQ Chicken Pizza

I am normally not a BBQ pizza fan because I feel like the sauce overwhelms the rest of the pizza. But this BBQ sauce is really creamy and a perfect compliment to the chicken and cheese!
For the dough refer to Aunt Kay's Amazing Rolls recipe OR use a store bough dough works great too!
For sauce you will need:
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 cup milk or whipped cream
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • 1-2 cups honey BBQ sauce

In a med sauce pan melt your butter then add flour until you have a paste. Add milk and stir with a whisk until paste is dissolved and milk is bubbling. Add salt, Parmesan cheese, and BBQ sauce stir until bubbling. Let bubble for 2-3 min. then place on the pizza. This enough for 12 in pizza. Add more or less BBQ sauce depending on the size of pizza dough.

For the chicken I will use the costco canned chicken and shred it over the pizza and top with pizza seasoning. You can boil chicken and then shred it, I just do it my way because it's easier and taste just as good!

For topping go to town with your family favorites. Brandon loves mushrooms so sometimes I will saute those and then add some olives and tomatoes. Whatever sounds good to you, that's why I LOVE pizza!

Bake at 425 until crust is golden and cheese in bubbling. If you don't have a pizza stone I would suggest investing in one! It's the only way to cook a even crust!

No comments: