Saturday, October 10, 2009

Buttermilk Syrup

I tasted it once and I was hooked! So I had to post it for Cory because it is just too good for people to not know about it! So Cory I hope you don't mind! (I stored it in a old syrup bottle FYI)
This was so easy I just couldn't believe homemade goodness takes like 3 min. to make! After I made one batch I changed a few things for fun to see what works and it turned out really yummy!
You will need:
  • 1 cube of butter
  • 1 Cup of sugar (I used a generous amount because I like it sweet)
  • 1 tsp. Karo syrup (I was also generous with this to make it thicker)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 Cup buttermilk (if this is not something you keep handy just do 1 tbsp. vinegar to every 1/4 Cup of milk)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda

Combine all ingredients BUT the baking soda. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add baking soda. Enjoy.

Yea, it's that simple! I also added some maple syrup just because I like maple. That made it even more glorious for me!

No comments: