Friday, October 9, 2009

Easy Oatmeal-Caramel Bars




I made these tonight and took them over to Luke and Jamie's and Luke LOVED them. I even did it wrong so I am sure they are even better done right ;)


What you need:

  • I pouch Betty Crocker oatmeal chocolate chip cookie mix
  • 1 cube of butter (soften)
  • 1 egg
  • 35 caramels unwrapped (you can use the candy but I used this caramel bits that are made for easy melting)
  • 1/4 Cup milk

In a medium bowl stir in cookie mix, butter, and egg. The dough will be very thick. Grease a 9x9 (or 8x8) pan. Split the dough in half and press the first half into the bottom of the pan making a even layer. Bake @ 375 for 15-20 min. or until dough is a golden color on top.

While baking first batch of dough, put caramels in a bowl (if you use the same stuff I did, I used a little more then half the bag) and add milk. Cook in the microwave for 2-3 min. or until the caramel is melted. Stir every min. while cooking.

When first batch of dough is done baking pour melted caramel on top. Take the remaining dough and drop on top of the caramel teaspoons at a time. Bake for another 15-20 min.

Let completely cool until cutting into.

No comments: